The approach is, learn to hit a left curve and a right curve. In the end you can also automatically hit a straight shot if necessary.

I repeat, don’t practice a straight shot!

Two Factors to improve Direction

Skill development: Ability to change your impact location

Hit the clubhead on the toe and it curves to the left. Hit the clubhead on the heel and it curves to the right. (Right-Handed Player)

Your skill to control your impact location not only helps you to hit it further for center strikes, but also helps you to hit it straight.

Skill development: Ability to change your face angle

With a Driver the ball will start 85% towards your face angle, the remaining 15% are influenced by your club path.

Having control over the Face Angle is very important to improve your direction.

START YOUR TRAINING!

Driver – Direction: 10 Training Sessions

These 10 Training Sessions can be spread out over 4-8 weeks, depending on how often you train.

  • Before starting the training revisit how to train and the training concept

  • Apply the 20 | 20 | 20  minutes rule

  • Combine this training plan with one short game skill or do a short break in between

  • For this training plan, you need Impact Tapes for your Driver

Train Driver Direction